this is a good place to start
and so is this
For me primal means getting as close to your maximum potential as possible - in health, fitness, love and play, relationships... as well as living your life as close to nature as it is possible in this urbanised world:
1) enjoying the outdoors as much as possible, and if not, getting enough functional excercise indoors - heavy lifting, sprinting, dancing, playing.
2) cooking your own food and using as organic and uncontaminated rawmaterials as possible and ofcourse avoiding most of neolithic foods.
I definately avoid:
- vegetable oils
- sugar and fructose (yes, that means all fruits except berries)
- all grains
- all legumes and most nightshades
- most starches
- anything processed
- anything that has more than 1 - 2 ingredients
I use in excess
- saturated animal fat
- meat of all kind
I use more sparingly
- macadamia nuts
- high fat dairy products
My few allowed vices are
- dark (>80%) chocolate with chili
- red wine
3) using less energy on stress, work, unnecessary relationships and concentrating on what really matters in life - your loved ones, the interests and hobbies that you are passionate about, love and play.
THRIVING, NOT SURVIVING