Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Healing the pancreas - the intermittent fasting miracle

This is just an introduction to the next post.
I`d like to write a longer post about intermittent fasting and how it helps in losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.
I will cover insulin sensitivity, leptin resistance, epinephrine and norepinephrine and the body fat setpoint (Stephan at wholehealthsource has an amazing series on that).
And I will knock down two of the main pillars of the bodybuilding diet for the myths that they really are:

Myth nr 1: Simultaneous muscle growth and fatloss is impossible
 
I know that in the bodybuilding world, building muscle and losing fat at the same time is considered impossible. It is so only if you follow those traditional bodybuilding diets. Understanding a bit of epigenetics, endocrinology and biochemistry can help you cut some corners, save time and be a lot more effective in achieving the goal of your perfect body.

Myth nr 2:  Eating every 2-3 hours is essential for muscle growth

I'd like to explain how muscle catabolism is a big myth and how your post workout shakes may actually be working against you. I will cover HGH release mechanisms, cell renewal processes and autophagy.

Till then

3 comments:

  1. This is a good read. I'm learning more about this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is going to be an interesting one! I've been doing natural bb for over 2 years now. All I thought was right ended up being wrong lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willi, we need more medstudents like you!!!! I had been lifting for years also before going into IF - tremendous gains in strength relative to bodymass.

      Delete

On this blog any comment is wellcome, but i will remove offensive or X-rated contents, so dont bother.